St Michael’s Memorial GardenSt Michael’s Memorial Garden
St Michael’s Memorial Garden
- The Pastor will bless Memorial Garden when it opens for official use prior to interment of any cremains.
- The purpose of the garden is to bury the cremains of parishioners, parishioner’s families, significant others & friends of St. Michael’s. Only human cremains can be buried in Memorial Garden
- Funeral home will notify St. Michael’s of desire to bury cremains in garden. Pastor will discuss arrangements with family. Burial of cremains will be scheduled with Pastor.
- Information (name, date of birth and death) of deceased is placed in the services log maintained by church office.
- Cremains will be buried directly into the ground, in the garden in community with other cremains, and a uniform memorial plaque will be installed on the Memorial Wall with name and dates of deceased. No burial markers are allowed in the ground.
- Specific site for interment will be randomly selected within the confines of the garden.
- A member of the church community will be designated to dig hole for cremains & cover the space immediately after interment.
- Family to contact office to pay fees and order plaque
- Cost to bury cremains will be minimum of $350.00 and can be modified if need be due to increase in cost of cast bronze name plaque. Cost does not include any cremation or funeral costs.
- The fee will be used for general upkeep, the name plaque and cost of maintaining the garden. A memorial fund for those that cannot afford the fee will be created from any excess of funds.
- St. Michael’s Parish will not be able to recover the cremains once they are put into the ground.
- Pets can be remembered with the purchase of a brick in the garden walkway.
I request the interment of the ashes of ___________________________into the Memorial Garden of St. Michael’s Catholic Church, Tybee Island, GA
I have read and do agree to each of the regulations and guidelines governing the Memorial Garden_______ Initial
Relationship to deceased_____________________ Witness_____________________